Used Toyota Corolla Sunshine Coast
The Sunshine Coast is a big area so making sure you have a car that is reliable and fuel efficient is important. The Toyota Corolla is a highly dependable car that is ranked one the most fuel-efficient cars in Australia.
For Sale: Toyota Certified Pre-Owned Corolla
Buying a pre-owned car can be risky, and you need to ensure the vehicle you are looking at has been looked after and is free of problems by checking its ownership and service history. At Ken Mills Toyota, there is a range of Toyota Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles ready for you to enjoy that have undergone extensive assessment.
Benefits of a Toyota Certified Pre-Owned Corolla
- A full service history
- Has undergone an independent CarHistory® background check
- May include a statutory warranty, depending on your circumstances
- Only the best vehicles are eligible for this Certification
- Undergone a comprehensive quality inspection by qualified Toyota Technicians
- 1 year of nationwide Toyota Roadside Assist
- Been reconditioned to Toyota’s exacting standards by Toyota technicians
- Flexible finance and insurance options available
The Toyota Corolla is one of the most known and sold cars in the world and accounts for every 1 out of 5 Toyota vehicles sold. Why? The Toyota Corolla is highly reliable (4.4 out of 5.0 consumer rating on Product Review), it is extremely fuel efficient and has a low annual repair cost of around $180 if still under capped price servicing. T&Cs apply.
For Sale: Used Toyota Corolla Sunshine Coast
Thinking about purchasing a second hand Toyota Corolla? Make sure your potential vehicle is in good condition and roadworthy by making the following checks before you drive away.
What to look for in a used Toyota Corolla
Check the CVT transmission
CVT transmissions aim to provide an overall smoother drive experience. If the Corolla you are looking at is a model 2014 or later, it would have come with CVT transmission.
Important signs of CVT transmission problems include:
- Oil leakages
- Vibrations: Does the car shake when driving at high speeds?
- Hesitations: Check for delays when switching from Drive to Reverse as this could mean issues in the internal transmission seal
- Burning smells: If there are burning smells when you are around the car, this could be a sign of an overheating transmission or transmission fluid leaking into the exhaust system.
- Transmission slips: If the car engine is revving fast but isn’t matching with power, this could mean a transmission slip. It is best to seek advice from a trained technician for accurate assessment.
Check for poor repairs
The Toyota Corolla is a popular car among new and young drivers therefore is more susceptible to wear and tear. Any panel damage that hasn’t been repaired correctly may show ripples in the metal and incorrect paint matching.
Buyer newer if possible
It’s important to purchase a Toyota Corolla that has low mileage and is the newest you can afford. The newer the model, the more advanced the safety features will be. A car with lower mileage will offer you plenty of years of service and more time to maintain the car correctly.
Check the daytime running lights
A safety feature that comes with the Toyota Corolla is daytime running lights which are installed to softly illuminate the vehicles headlights in the daylight to increase visibility. Common issues to look for in this feature include lights flickering, turning on and off randomly and therefore draining the cars battery, and the lights staying on even once the car has been turned off.
Check the car’s reported history
Check the car’s paperwork to ensure the vehicle’s year matches your expectations and that the car has been serviced regularly by a professional. You can check any pre-owned Toyota vehicle prior to purchasing with a CarHistory report. This report includes information on whether there may be a potential odometer wind-back, and if the car has been previously written-off or stolen.