HOW TOYOTA ACCESS WORKS
The great thing about Toyota Access is it enables you to choose the car you really want today and still keep your options open tomorrow. Whatever stage you’re at in life – going off to university, starting out on a career, settling down with a family or getting your life back as the kids leave home – you can have confidence about what’s ahead. Toyota Access puts you in the driver’s seat with certainty, flexibility and assurance.
You control the details
With Toyota Access, you get to choose your deposit and loan term (up to 48 months/4 years) when you buy your new or approved demonstrator Toyota and you also get to choose what to do with your car when the term is over; trade, keep or return the car.
Toyota Access takes the worry out of buying a car and provides great reassurance because right from the start, you’ll know the Guaranteed Future Value of your car. The Guaranteed Future Value [T8] is the minimum value of your Toyota at the end of your loan, as determined by Toyota Finance. At the end of your loan term, if you decide to return your Toyota, Toyota Finance will pay you the Guaranteed Future Value which will be put towards the final payment of your car loan, subject to fair wear and tear and agreed kilometres being met.
At the time of purchase
Select the new or approved demonstrator Toyota.
- Nominate a deposit amount, if any.
- Choose the loan term and number of kilometres you expect the vehicle to travel over the loan term.
- Toyota Finance will calculate the Guaranteed Future Value of your new Toyota.
- Toyota Finance will then calculate your monthly repayments, with a final payment equal to your Guaranteed Future Value.
Tailor your own package
Once you’ve chosen the vehicle you want, simply tell us if you’d like to pay a deposit (if so how much) and how long you’d like the agreement to last for.
Then you tell us the number of kilometres you expect your car to have travelled by the end of the term, known as the End Odometer. The End Odometer will also include any kilometres already on the clock. Based on this, we’ll work out the Guaranteed Future Value. So you know exactly where you stand and can confidently plan your budget, way ahead.
We’ll then put together a fixed monthly payment schedule. Obviously, the more deposit you pay the less the repayments will be. And the shorter your loan term is, the sooner you can trade up or down to a new Toyota model.
You decide what to do next
At the end of the agreement, you are still in control. You can decide whether to:
- Trade in or sell your Toyota – use the trade-in value or sale price to pay the remaining balance of your account.
- Keep your Toyota – simply pay the outstanding balance (including the final payment). Toyota Finance can help you refinance the balance if you don’t have the cash on hand (conditions apply).
- Return your Toyota – Toyota Finance will pay you the Guaranteed Future Value that was agreed at the start of your term and put it against the remaining balance owing on your account (subject to Fair Wear and Tear conditions and agreed kilometers being met).